Provides training specific to the SagePlus suite of analytical tools used to evaluate pressure
This SagePlusTM training course provides training specific to the SagePlus suite of analytical tools used to evaluate pressure containing equipment, such as process vessels, piping, and storage tanks. The course will cover the structure of the SagePlus software and is designed to develop skills in its navigation and use. The software can be used to design new equipment or evaluate in-service equipment based on the criteria in the ASME and API design codes and standards. In-service evaluation capability includes equipment re-rating or fitness-for- service for a wide variety of damage mechanisms. SagePlus also contains several specialty tools with refining equipment application such as hot tap simulation or detailed nozzle stress analysis. The course is customizable to meet the specific needs of the client and consists of lectures, example problems to demonstrate application, and hands-on workshops using the SagePlus software. The course can be tailored to the experience level of the attendees and benefit everyone from novice users to expert engineers. The focus of the course is to familiarize the student with the SagePlus suite of analytical tools, but it also includes practical information that comes from instructors who have worked for Owner-Users as well as in a consulting capacity.
Our training course materials are developed and instructed by subject matter experts – many of whom are contributors on the relevant API and ASME committees.
- You will become familiar with the vast suite of engineering evaluations available using the SagePlusTM software.
- You will learn how to leverage the SagePlusTM software to meet the specific needs of your organization.
- You will gain confidence in performing calculations using the SagePlusTM software as you progress through the hands-on workshops developed to strengthen the concepts covered in the lectures.
- You will build upon in-house expertise of performing engineering evaluations, improving efficiency, and saving money spent on consultants.
This course can be formatted to your needs to cover the following:
- Getting started with SagePlusTM in the PlantMananger Paltform
- Pressure vessel component evaluation – ASME VIII-1, ASME VIII-2, ASME I
- Horizontal and vertical vessel evaluation – ASME VIII-1, ASME VIII-2
- Heat exchanger evaluation – ASME VIII-1, ASME VIII-2, TEMA
- Storage tank evaluation – API 620 and API 650
- Piping evaluation – ASME B31.1, ASME B31.3, ASME B31.4, and ASME B31.8
- Heater tube design and remaining life – API 530
- Fitness-for-Service evaluations (Level 1 and Level 2) – API 579-1/ASME FFS-1
- Advanced fracture mechanics evaluations (Part 9 Level 3) – API 579-1/ASME FFS-1
- Advanced high temperature evaluation (Part 10 Level 3) – API 579-1/ASME FFS-1
- Hot tap simulation
- Material property tools
- Heat transfer and material modeling
- Over-pressure protection
Upon completion of the SagePlusTM course students will have a basic understanding of:
- The vast suite of engineering evaluations available using the SagePlus software and how to leverage the software to meet the specific needs of your organization.
- The structure, navigation, and use of the SagePlus software.
- How the SagePlus software can be utilized
to establish equipment databases, organize inspection data, generate input and output calculations, and develop and document reports.
- The time and cost savings associated with the use of the analytical tools available in the SagePlus software.
Who Should Attend?
This course is intended for engineers and inspectors in the refining/petrochemical and comparable industries serving in a maintenance or reliability role whose responsibilities include the evaluation of process pressure vessels, piping, and storage tanks. Engineers serving in a central engineering staff will also benefit.
What does my course registration fee cover?
Course registration fees include the following.
- Bound course notes containing all lectures and presentation handouts.
- Refreshments, morning snack, lunch, and afternoon snack.
Course registration fees DO NOT include the following.
- Copies of API or ASME codes, standards, and recommended practices.
- To buy API Documents, contact IHS Global, Inc.
- Web: www.global.ihs.com
- Travel-related expenses including airfare, lodging, and car rental, if applicable.
Do attendees earn Professional Development Hours (PDHs) for participation in the course?
Yes. Students who successfully complete the training course will earn PDHs.
Do I need to bring the reference standards to the course?
No. Each student will receive a comprehensive set of course notes, and the instructors will have electronic versions of the standards available if needed.
Do I need a calculator for the example sessions?
Does E2G provide assistance with students requiring a U.S. Visa?
Yes. It is requested that attendees that require a U.S. Visa register for the course at least two months prior to the course. Upon confirmation of registration and course fee payment, E2G will provide the attendee with a Letter of Invitation for use in obtaining a U.S. Visa.
Does E2G have a cancellation policy regarding enrollment?
Yes. E2G reserves the right to cancel a course if minimum enrollment is not reached and to modify the agenda and/ or faculty when circumstances are beyond our control.
Does E2G have a policy with regard to refund of fees in the event of a cancellation of registration for students?
- Yes. The cancellation policy for refund of course registration fees is as follows.
- Up to 14 days prior to the course: 75% of registration fees are refunded.
- 13 to 6 days prior to the course: 50% of registration fees are refunded.
- Within 5 days prior to the course: 25% of registration