Pressure Relief System Developments in the Next Decade
Valerie Magyari presented Pressure Relief System Developments in the Next Decade at the 10th Annual IPEIA (formerly NPEC) Conference.
Below is a brief outline of his presentation:
- Recent trends in industry standards related to the design, installation and inspection of pressure relieving systems
- Less prescriptive
- Use of Risk assessment
- Places more responsibility on the User
- Use of system design in place of providing pressure relief devices in accordance with proposed modifications to ASME
- Code UG-140 (Code Case 2211)
- ASME Code Appendix M modifications related to use of isolation valves in pressure relief path
- Use of Risk Based Inspection (RBI) to set intervals for testing, inspecting and overhauling pressure relief devices
- Detailed review of the API RBI PRD Module
Our Library is monitored and requests are only sent to business accounts.