MATERIALS & CORROSION
Leadership in Materials Technologies
E2G|The Equity Engineering Group, Inc. pioneered the development of RBI (Risk Based Inspection) and FFS (Fitness-For-Service) and maintains a full-time staff of materials experts who are dedicated to the Materials & Corrosion field.
Our engineers have hands-on experience with owner-users and industry service companies. We know plant environments and can offer practical advice along with timely solutions you can trust. With a combined 350+ years of experience, there aren’t many corrosion problems we haven’t encountered.
Our Materials Consultants Can Help You
- Assess equipment damage, conduct failure analysis, and develop repair programs
- Review and develop corrosion monitoring and/or management programs through our Integrity Operating Windows (IOWs) approach
- Manage plant reliability through the use of Corrosion Control Documents (CCDs) and Damage Mechanism Reviews (DMRs)
- Pinpoint damage mechanisms and potential areas of risk with our DamagePlus software
- Conduct materials, corrosion, and inspection training courses for operations, maintenance, engineering, and inspection personnel
- Troubleshoot metallurgical and materials-related fabrication problems
- Develop proactive inspection programs and review inspection group performance
- Develop metallurgical/corrosion/materials safety and reliability programs
E2G engineers also play a key role in developing new technologies. We are active in API, MTI and NACE industry consensus group standards and recommended practice development. We were also the principal researchers of the landmark API RP 571, Damage Mechanisms Affecting Fixed Equipment in the Refining Industry, and we teach the official API 571 course on damage mechanisms. Recently, our CEO David Osage, led the team that completed the ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code, Section VIII, Division 2 re-write.
Our membership in the MPC (Materials Properties Council) gives us access to the world’s leading repository of materials properties information. We will continue to put significant effort and funding into uncovering future materials technologies that will benefit our clients.
A Full Range of Materials & Corrosion Experience
We help our clients manage problems with corrosion, create safe operating environments, and control risk.
E2G MATERIALS & METALLURGICAL SERVICES
For Aging Equipment:
- Assist in understanding effects of crude slate changes
- High temperature creep remaining life assessments per API STD 530 or API 579 – Part 10 (MPC Omega)
- High Temperature Hydrogen Attack (HTHA) analyses
- Hydrofluoric (HF) acid unit process review and corrosion evaluation
- Environmental cracking reviews, including inspection advice for wet H2S cracking
- Failure analysis including forensic and root cause (RCFA)
- Turnaround scope reduction reviews
- Welding training, supervision, and oversight of field and shop repairs including Hot Tap analysis
- Inspection reviews and benchmarking evaluations for Mechanical Integrity compliance
- Best practices for reliability (including software)
- Fire damage assessments per API 579-1/ASME FFS-1 – Part 11
- Physical sample removal (Buckeye SamplerTM) and metallurgical and mechanical testing
Watch the Buckeye SamplerTM Video
As consultants to manufacturers in the construction of new equipment:
- Develop specifications for heavy wall reactors, vessels, and piping systems
- Materials selection for grass roots, expansion, revamp, and replacement projects
- Review of fabricator qualification and non-process quality-control
- Damage mechanism identification and inspection planning