Principal Engineer I
Years of Experience: 27
Education and Licenses:
- Master of Science, Welding Engineering, The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio
- Bachelor of Science, Materials Engineering, Universidad Simon Bolivar, Caracas, Venezuela
Areas of Specialization:
- Identification of Refinery Damage Mechanisms and Corrosion Control Methods
- Materials Selection for Petrochemical and Refining Projects
- Failure Analysis of Refinery Equipment and Root Cause Failure Analysis
- Welding Related Consulting
Ms. Mayorga-Baker is a Corrosion, materials, and welding engineer with extensive global experience providing consulting in the oil and gas industry. Her project support activities include materials selection, specification writing and review, welding procedure review, interdisciplinary document review, and evaluation of nonconformance/concession requests. Refinery and petrochemical facility operations support activities include performing corrosion studies for risk based inspection programs, failure analyses, laboratory investigations, and damage mechanisms assessments of in-service equipment.
Throughout her career, Mrs. Mayorga-Baker has worked as a Materials and Corrosion Engineer in operations and technical support for PDVSA, BP, DNV, and Capstone Engineering Services. Mrs. Mayorga-Baker also has extensive experience in materials selection for major projects in oil and gas. She is a member of NACE.