David P. Truelock
Senior Specialist I
Years of Experience: 20+
Education & Certifications:
- API 510 Pressure Vessel Inspector
- API 570 Piping Inspector
- API 653 Aboveground Storage Tank Inspector
- API 571 Corrosion and Materials
- NACE Basic Corrosion
- NACE Cathodic Protection
- NACE Coating Inspector
- Chemical Process Technician (San Jacinto College)
- United States Navy, 1987–1990 (Honorable Discharge)
Areas of Specialization:
- Prior Owner/User at LyondellBasell (Sr. Unit Inspector)
- Mechanical Integrity
- RBI Project Management
- Risk-Based Inspection Programs (New Implementations and Reassessments)
- RBI Analysis on Unit Equipment, Piping, and Exchanger Bundles
- Inspection Data Management (includes Meridium, API/RBI, Ultra-pipe, RAT, ETMS)
- Coordination of Inspection Activities and Personnel
Mr. Truelock is a Senior Inspection Specialist for E2G’s Risk-Based Inspection (RBI) group. He has over 20 years of experience in the inspection industry, which includes 10 years as an owner/user (Sr. Unit Inspector) for LyondellBasell. During his tenure, he was the Hydrocarbons Lead Inspector, the Mechanical Integrity Lead for plant outages and major turnarounds, coordinated contract inspectors, and helped establish environmental inspection requirements for TCEQ compliance.
Additionally, he has prior experience with RBI from his time as an owner/user for LyondellBasell. He performed reviews and updates of API/RBI data as inspections were performed, as well as monitoring equipment replacements and process changes to keep the systems evergreen. He also developed quarterly 12 Month “Look Ahead” Inspection Plans based on the calculated RBI results.
Mr. Truelock is currently responsible for performing RBI analysis on unit equipment, piping, and exchanger bundles, as well as creating detailed inspection plans using RBI methodologies for client planning and budgeting purposes. His knowledge and expertise have proven invaluable in the mentoring of less experienced personnel.