James G. Mekker
Staff Software Engineer I
Years of Experience: 6
Education and Licenses:
- Bachelor of Science, Chemical Engineering, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH
Areas of Specialization:
- Risk-Based Inspection (RBI) Project Management
- RBI for Fixed Equipment, Piping, Pressure Relief Devices, and Aboveground Storage Tanks
- API RBI Software and Technical Support
- API 581 Methodology Support
- Scientific Programming with FORTRAN, VBA
- API 580/581 Instructor
- E2G API RBI Version 8 and PlantManager™ Software Instructor
Mr. Mekker is a project manager for risk-based inspection (RBI) implementation and mentoring. He performs RBI evaluations on fixed equipment and piping, pressure relief devices, and atmospheric storage tanks throughout North America and in the Middle East.
In addition, Mr. Mekker is involved in updating and validating the API 581 methodology and E2G’s proprietary software, API RBI, the benchmark tool for RBI.
Mr. Mekker was heavily involved in the creation of the API RBI Example Problem Manual. This manual provides the extensive step-by-step calculations described in API RP 581 and implemented in E2G’s API RBI software.
Mr. Mekker is an instructor for API 580/581 and the E2G proprietary software. He is a highly-rated software instructor and has co-taught numerous software courses in the United States, Canada, the Middle East, and Australia. His involvement with the development of both the API 581 methodology and the E2G PlantManager software provides the class with in-depth knowledge of the ongoing research and development within both areas.
Mr. Mekker acted as project lead to develop a user-friendly version of PRD RBI called PRDWise. PRDWise utilizes all the technology of API 581 but makes conservative assumptions for complex data requirements. This method has made inspection planning easier for users.