Jeremy L. Janelle, E.I.T.
Group Head / Consulting Software Engineer I
Years of Experience: 16
Education and Licenses:
- Master of Science, 2005, Mechanical Engineering, University of Akron, Akron, OH
- Bachelor of Science, 1998, Mechanical Engineering, University of Akron, Akron, OH
- Engineer In Training, State of Ohio
Areas of Specialization:
- Pressure Containing Equipment Design using ASME and API Codes and Standards
- Fitness-For-Service Evaluations using API 579-1/ASME FFS-1
- Advanced Stress Analysis including Nonlinear Finite Element Methods
- Fatigue, Fracture Mechanics, and Buckling Evaluation
- FEA of LTAs, Crack-like Flaws, Bulges, Dents, Blisters, and Plastic Deformation
- FEA Remaining Life Evaluation due to Fatigue, Creep, and Crack Growth
With over a decade of experience as a consultant in the petrochemical industry, Mr. Janelle is an expert in finite element and numerical tools to evaluate pressure vessels and piping components. He has extensive knowledge of the ASME and API Codes and Standards used in the evaluation of pressure containing equipment used in the refining and petrochemical industry. Mr. Janelle has the capability to perform Fitness-For-Service and failure assessments for clients as well as provide general technical support regarding Codes and Standards issues.
As the lead developer of the SagePlus software, Mr. Janelle’s responsibilities include implementation and validation of the software’s Codes and Standards analysis capability.
Mr. Janelle is a certified API instructor for the API 579-1/ASME FFS-1 Fitness-For-Service course. He is also a key trainer for API and ASME pressure containing equipment evaluations using the SagePlus™ software.
Mr. Janelle has participated in research and development pertaining to crack propagation in ring joint flanges, weld misalignment in cylindrical and spherical shells, crack-like flaw K-solutions for cylinders and spheres, visual assessment of pitting damage, creep coupled assessment of bulges, and assessment methods for the evaluation of LTAs. Mr. Janelle has authored or co-authored several technical papers on these subjects.