Jimmie R. George
Group Head / Consulting Engineer I
Years of Experience: 20
Education and Licenses:
- B.S., 1997, Mechanical Engineering, Southern University, Baton Rouge, LA
Areas of Specialization:
- Existing Equipment Appraisal Using Risk-Based Inspection
- Creating Inspection Plans Using Risk-Based Methodologies based on Knowledge of Degradation & NDE Methods
- Training & Support for API RBI Methodology & Software Package
- Project Management of RBI & Inspection Programs
- CAD Drawing Support
- Field Support for Shut-Downs & Installations
Mr. George has over a decade of experience in the petrochemical industry from both an owner-user and a consulting perspective. He has actively worked in the areas of mechanical integrity, risk-based inspection, materials/corrosion engineering, and inspection planning in a management capacity. His primary emphasis has been on mechanical integrity issues for fixed equipment installation and repairs, installation for piping, vessels, tanks, pressure relieving devices, heat exchangers, and pumps.
Mr. George has been responsible for the implementation of major risk-based inspection (RBI) projects as well as shut-down planning, plant mechanical integrity reviews, and client mentoring. He has also been involved in RBI technology development and client software training.