James V. Leta
Staff Software Engineer II
Years of Experience: 6
Education and Licenses:
- Bachelor of Science, 2007, Mechanical Engineering, University of Pittsburgh Johnstown
- Master of Science, 2011, Applied Mathematics, University of Akron
- Engineering-In-Training (EIT), Pennsylvania
Areas of Specialization:
- Fitness-For-Service & Remaining Life Evaluations
- Pressure Vessel Design per ASME Section VIII Divisions 1 and 2
- Engineering Software Development
Mr. Leta is a member of the Pressure Vessel Group within the Mechanical Engineering Business Unit of The Equity Engineering Group, Inc. (E2G). As a member of this group, his primary focus has been performing Fitness-For-Service and Rerate assessments for Pressure Vessel and Piping Equipment. Additionally, Mr. Leta participates in the development of advanced analysis techniques for high temperature failure mechanisms (e.g. high temperature hydrogen attack and creep).
Prior to joining the Pressure Vessel Group, Mr. Leta was a member of E2G’s Technology & Software Product Business Unit where he had an active role in the development of E2G’s proprietary engineering software applications. His efforts resulted in many enhancements to the calculations performed by E2G’s products, including API RBI, SagePlus™ and Intellijoint™. Also while in this role, he developed automation tools that are utilized by E2G’s engineers to implement tedious procedures.