Years of Experience: 5
Education and Licenses:
- S. Chemical Engineering, Montana State University, Bozeman, MT
- API 510 Pressure Vessel Inspector
- API 571 Corrosion and Materials
- API 580 Risk Based Inspection
Areas of Specialization:
- Risk based inspection (RBI) assessments utilizing Plant Condition Management Software (PCMS)
- Validation of mechanical integrity data and RBI critical fields implemented into PCMS
- Technical review and modifications to the PCMS RBI module
Mr. Hume has acted as RBI team lead to conduct multiple assessments utilizing Plant Condition Management Software (PCMS). He has contributed to multiple aspects of RBI assessments, including the validation of mechanical integrity data, the creation of systems and circuits, the population of process fluid data and damage mechanisms, the review of inspection history and effectiveness, and the preparation of inspection plans and schedules.
Mr. Hume has led process overview meetings and RBI revalidation meetings with clients both domestically and internationally. He has also contributed to the improvement of the PCMS RBI module with the software developers, and he has guided owner/users on best practices to effectively utilize the RBI module.
Mr. Hume builds his technical knowledge on a strong foundation of teaching internationally and speaks fluent Korean. He has continued his technical background by obtaining several API certifications, and is continuously expanding his education in all areas related to mechanical integrity.