Patrick J. Titas, P.E.
Senior Engineer I
Years of Experience: 5
Education and Licenses:
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering, 2011, Mechanical Engineering, University of Michigan
- Registered Professional Engineer, Ohio
Areas of Specialization:
- Fitness-For-Service (FFS) Evaluations per API 579
- Pressure Vessel Design per ASME Sec. VIII Div. 1 and Div. 2
- Technical Support for Plant Shutdowns
- Capital Project Vendor and Equipment Inspections
- NBIC R-Stamp Rerates, Repairs and Alterations of Pressure Vessels
- Certified API 510 (49883)
Mr. Titas performs Fitness-For-Service (FFS) evaluations of in-service equipment, remaining life assessments, as well as ASME Code design of pressure-containing equipment. The majority of his experience has been in the design, inspection, evaluation, and repair of pressure-retaining equipment. Mr. Titas is experienced in the design of pressure vessels, piping, and tankage. Along with design of new equipment, Mr. Titas uses the Level 2 and Level 3 FFS methodologies in API 579 to justify existing equipment for continued service. In addition to providing remote office support, Mr. Titas has experience providing on-site technical support during scheduled plant shutdowns.
Prior to joining E2G | The Equity Engineering Group, Inc., Mr. Titas worked as a Reliability Engineer at an inorganic chemical facility. Mr. Titas was responsible for performing evaluations of new and aging equipment in accordance with API and ASME Codes to minimize production downtime for maintenance activities. To ensure inherently safe design of new plant equipment, Mr. Titas was responsible for the review of the mechanical design of vessels and piping for both capital and non-capital work. His duties included providing engineering support with inspection tasks, performing FFS evaluations, designing both permanent and temporary repairs, R-Stamp alterations, new equipment design reviews, and maintenance support leading up to and during plant turnarounds.