Principal Engineer II
Years of Experience: 39
Education and Licenses:
• Bachelor of Science, 1985, Mechanical Engineering, Drexel University, Philadelphia, PA
Areas of Specialization:
• Machinery Maintenance/Reliability Programs
• Machinery Performance Monitoring/Analysis
• Capital Project Support (equipment specification, shop inspection, performance testing, installation, startup and commissioning)
• Machinery Best Practices and Standards
• Machinery Troubleshooting
• Machinery Failure Mechanisms
• Root Cause Failure Analysis
• Turnaround Support
• Rotating Equipment Program Evaluation
Mr. Young is a principal rotating equipment engineer with E2G’s Mechanical Engineering Business Unit. Mr. Young brings experience as both an owner-user and consultant, providing engineering support to petrochemical, fossil, and nuclear facilities. He is considered a subject matter expert on rotating equipment and has extensive experience with rotating equipment maintenance/reliability programs, capital project support, machinery troubleshooting/root cause failure analysis, machinery training, and machinery overhaul.
Prior to joining E2G, Mr. Young worked as a rotating equipment engineer at several petrochemical refineries where he was a member of the corporate rotating equipment networks. He also has experience working as a machinery consultant and a mechanical test/startup engineer.