Peter Millar, Ph.D.
Principal Engineer II
Years of Experience: 31
EDUCATION AND LICENSES:
- B.Sc., 1981, (combined honors) Metallurgy with Business Economics, University of Surrey, UK
- M.Sc., 1983, Offshore Engineering, Cranfield University, UK
- Ph.D., 1985, Corrosion Fatigue Crack Propagation Behavior of a High Strength Low Alloy Steel in a Synthetic Sea Water Environment, Cranfield University, UK
- M.B.A., 1994, Quality Management Systems, Warwick Business School, UK
Areas of Specialization:
- Asset Integrity Inspection and Management
- Risk Analysis
- Onshore, Offshore, and Pipelines Project Management
- Quality Assurance Compliance
- Risk-Based Inspection Services
Dr. Millar has been involved with inspection and asset integrity management in the offshore, refining and chemical process industries for the past 31 years. His background includes 13 years in integrity inspection services, 6 years in consulting, and 12 years in quality assurance compliance management.
In 2017, Dr. Millar was hired on by E2G as Director for the Materials & Corrosion Department, which is comprised of 10 materials engineers and corrosion experts.
He possesses abundant multicultural experience, having served in the USA, Europe, Asia, and the Middle East, and has provided inspection management services to numerous high-profile clients around the world. Dr. Millar has received multiple ISO certifications and has conducted many 3rd-party inspections and asset integrity assessments throughout his career.
Dr. Millar developed the website Asset Integrity Jigsaw and wrote the accompanying Asset Integrity Management Handbook to assist companies and engineers with their own asset integrity. He is a recognized expert in the field of risk analysis as well as corrosion and inspection management.