Richard J. Gaugler
Principal Engineer I
Years of Experience: 38
EDUCATION AND LICENSES:
- Bachelor of Science, 1979, Metallurgical Engineering, Colorado School of Mines, Golden, Colorado
Areas of Specialization:
- Corrosion and Metallurgy in the Refining Industry
- Mechanical Integrity Audits
- Turnaround Worklist Reviews and Work Scope Definition
- Fixed Equipment Inspection Plans
- Damage Mechanism Reviews for Process Units
- Materials Selection for New or Revamped Units
- Development and Delivery of Mechanical Integrity Training for Inspectors and Engineers
- Development of Mechanical Integrity Standards and Inspection Procedures
Mr. Gaugler is a consultant in the chemical, petrochemical, and refining industries. Mr. Gaugler specializes in turnaround worklist reviews, practical inspection and repair plans, inspection standards, and mechanical integrity audits.
Prior to joining E2G | Equity Engineering Group, Mr. Gaugler spent 38 years in the refining industry as an engineer and in various management positions. He has participated in numerous audits of refinery inspection programs, developed corporate inspection practices, and set up special inspection programs for issues such as high temperature hydrogen attack, caustic stress corrosion cracking, wet H2S corrosion, and napthenic acid corrosion. He has considerable experience developing turnaround work scopes, evaluating inspection data, and developing practical repair plans. In addition to his mechanical integrity experience, he also has experience in hydroprocessing and rotating machinery.