Seetha Ramudu Kummari, Ph.D., P.E.
Senior Engineer II
Years of Experience: 8
Education and Licenses:
- Ph.D., Mechanical Engineering, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH
- Master of Science, Mechanical Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur, India
- Bachelor of Science, Mechanical Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur, India
- Registered Professional Engineer (Ohio, Texas, Kentucky)
Areas of Specialization:
- Fitness-For-Service using API 579-1/ASME FFS-1
- Pressure Vessels Design using ASME Section VIII, Division 1
- Design-by-Analysis as per ASME Boiler & Pressure Vessel Code, Section VIII, Division 2
- Nuclear Design Analysis (Section VIII and Section III Equipment)
- Fatigue and fracture mechanics
- Advanced stress analysis using non-linear Finite Element Methods (FEM)
- Advanced Heat Transfer Analysis
- Single & Multiphase Flow Analysis using Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD)
- Computational Weld Residual Stress simulations (WRS)
- High Temperature Creep and Creep Fatigue Simulations
- Troubleshooting, Problem Solving, and Technical Support for Plant Shutdowns
Dr. Kummari is an engineer within the Advanced Analysis Group at E2G | The Equity Engineering Group, Inc. and provides engineering consulting services to the oil & gas, chemical, and nuclear industries on a wide variety of consulting projects. The projects range includes performing basic ASME Section VIII Division 1 and 2 code compliance calculations to solve complicated engineering problems using advanced analysis methods such as nonlinear Finite Element Analysis (FEA) and Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD).
Prior to joining E2G, Dr. Kummari worked as a research assistant at Case Western Reserve University. He has five years of research experience in the field of experimental and computational biomechanics. As a part of his dissertation at Case Western Reserve University, he developed experimental and computational methods to assess bone quality. He also brings pharmaceutical industry experience to the table with his experience at Merck & Co., Inc. where he performed non-linear Finite Element Analysis on hip bones to assess fracture risk.
- Prueter P.E., Kummari S.R., and Osage, D.A., Developing Life-Cycle Management Strategies and Minimum Pressurization Temperatures for Heavy-Walled Hydroprocessing Reactors. 21st Annual International Pressure Equipment Integrity Association (IPEIA) Conference. March 1 – 3, 2017, Banff, Alberta, Canada.
- Prueter P.E., Kummari S.R., Osage D.A., A Fracture Mechanics-Based Approach to Establish Minimum Pressurization Temperature Envelopes. PVP2017-65805, Proceedings of the ASME 2017 Pressure Vessels and Piping Division Conference, Waikoloa, Hawaii, USA.
- Prueter P.E., Bifano M.F.P., Kummari S.R., Hantz B., A Comparative Study of the Thermal-Mechanical Behavior and Fatigue Life Predictions of Different Coke Drum Support Skirt Designs. PVP2017-65807, Proceedings of the ASME 2017 Pressure Vessels and Piping Division Conference, Waikoloa, Hawaii, USA (in progress).
- Osage D.A., Spring D.W., Anderson T.L., Kummari S.R., Prueter P.E., Wallin K.R.W., Recommendations for Establishing Minimum Pressurization Temperature (MPT) for Equipment., Welding Research Council Bulletin 562, The Welding Research Council, Inc., Shaker Heights, OH., 2017.
- Prueter P.E. and Kummari S.R., A Fracture Mechanics-Based Minimum Pressurization Temperature Assessment on a 2-1/4 Cr – 1 Mo Hydrotreater Reactor using Finite Element Analysis. NACE CTW16 State-of-the-Art Session on MPT/Brittle Fracture, September 2016, Houston, Texas.
- Dewees D.J., Prueter P.E., Kummari S.R., Brown R.G., Thome T.L., Smith K.J., Bifano M.F.P., Panzarella C.H., Osage D.A., Development of Revised Weld Residual Stress Guidance for Fitness-For-Service Assessments in API 579-1/ASME FFS-1. The Welding Research Council, Inc., New York, N. Y., 2015 (ISBN 978-1-58145-510-6).
- Dewees D.J., Prueter P.E., Kummari S.R., Technical Basis for the Proposed Weld Residual Stress Guidance in API 579-1/ASME FFS-1. PVP2014-28839, Proceedings of the ASME 2014 Pressure Vessels and Piping Division Conference, Anaheim, California, USA.
- Dewees D.J., Prueter P.E., Kummari S.R., A Continued Evaluation of the Role of Material Hardening Behavior for the NET TG1 and TG4 Specimens. PVP2014-28843, Proceedings of the ASME 2014 Pressure Vessels and Piping Division Conference, Anaheim, California, USA.
- Kummari S.R., Bifano M.F.P., Dewees D.J., Large Eddy Simulation – Based Mixing Tee Analysis and Comparison with In-Service Failure Data. Abstract ID # 294027, Proceedings of 9th Global Congress on Process Safety, 2013 Spring Meeting, San Antonio, TX, USA.
- Somayajula S., Fayad G., Crawford R., Kummari S.R., Dogdas B., Purcell M.L., McCracken P., Cook J.J., Motzel S.L., Duong L.T., Williams D., Cabal A., Comparing Treatment Effects of Odanacatib and Alendronate in Lumbar Vertebrae of Ovariectomized Rhesus Monkeys using Quantitative Computed Tomography. ASBMR 2012 annual meeting, Minneapolis, MN, USA.
- Kummari S.R., Dewees D.J., Brown R., Finite Element Based Analysis of Bolted Joints under Extreme Loading Conditions. PVP2012-78541, Proceedings of the ASME 2012 Pressure Vessels and Piping Division Conference, Toronto, ON, Canada.
- Goff M.G., Slyfield C.R., Kummari S.R., Tkachenko E.V., Fischer S.V., Yi Y.H., Jekir M.G., Keaveny T.M., Hernandez C.J., Three-dimensional Characterization of Resorption Cavity Size and Location in Human Vertebral Trabecular Bone. Bone 51 (2012) 28-37.
- Somayajula S., Kummari S.R., Bredbenner T., Dogdas B., Szumiloski J., Purcell M.L., McCracken P., Williams D., Duong T.L., Motzel S.L., Cabal A. Differentiation of Treatment Effects of Odanacatib from Alendronate in Ovariectomized Rhesus Monkeys Using Voxel Based Morphometry of Quantitative Computed Tomography Images. ASBMR 2011 annual meeting, San Diego, CA, USA.
- Kummari S.R., Experimental and Computational Evaluation of Microscopic Tissue Damage and Remodeling Cavities in Trabecular Bone. D. thesis, Case Western Reserve University, May 2011
- Kummari S.R., Coan T.A., Hernandez C.J., Stress Concentration Factors of Remodeling Cavities on Rod-like and Plate-like Trabeculae. 57th annual meeting of the Orthopaedic Research Society, 2011, Long Beach, CA, USA.
- Cabal A, Kummari S.R., Krause S.M., Purcell M.L., McCracken P.J., Duong L.T., Motzel S.L., Dardzinski B.J., Williams D.S. Quantitative Computed Tomography based Finite Element Analysis to Estimate in-vivo Bone Strength of Proximal Femur in Odanacatib Treated Rhesus Monkey. ASBMR 2010 annual meeting, Toronto, ON, Canada.
- Kummari S.R., Davis A.J., Vega L.A., Ahn N., Cassinelli E.H., Hernandez C.J. Trabecular Microfracture Precedes Cortical Shell Failure in the Rat caudal Vertebra under Cyclic Overloading. Calcified Tissue International 2009;85:127-133
- Kummari S.R., Davis A.J., Vega L.A., Ahn N., Cassinelli E.H., Hernandez C.J. Trabecular Microfracture Precedes Cortical Bone Failure During Cyclic Loading of Rat Vertebrae. 55th annual meeting of the Orthopaedic Research Society, 2009. Las Vegas,NV, USA.